CATCH YOUR INTEREST?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BOOTs, Best and Worst


Everyone has their personal 2 cents to add about the Boots issue at OCS, and I'm not any different, so if you care to read, here's my 2 cents:

Bates Lites are a godsend when PT'n in boots and uts, through dirt, and mud, and nasty quig water, they will stay light and not get wet and heavy. They are a great PT boot, made for gettin nasty. Bates Lites suck as humping boots, the sole is light and spongey, made for running, not humping. So dont ask a million questions about the Lites & Humping, they are not good humping boots. So just PT in them and wear a different pair for humps, simple..

ICB's are my favorite boot for daily walking over the bridge or for humps. Tough, thick sole for taking a beating. I have been wearing mine for a few years now and they are great. Although, they suck for PT, because they are heavy and have no air holes to let out the water. Dont make the mistake of wearing them in the quigley, lol, they are like running around in cement block shoes.

Finally, Danner's boots. The most expensive boots you can get in the Corps. They are very odd looking and very expensive. I personally have never worn them, people rave about them, if you want to shell out $189 for some boots your gonna virtually destroy at OCS in the nasty quig, then by all means, get some. For me, I stick to my Lites and my ICBs. Simple and effective.

So, moral of the story,
Bates Lites = PT
ICB's = Humping
Danner's = Fancy & Nice

3 comments:

CarPanthers9119 said...

Sir:

You were allowed two pairs of boots at OCS?/ That's pretty clutch. Let's just say they only allow me one pair. Which one?/ Probably Bates?/

Matteo said...

Bates Lites are no longer allowed at OCS according to my OSO Captain Shore out of RS Chicago.

Officer Candidates School Blog said...

Bates are allowed again. Nice post. Would you be interested in using this as a guest post on www.officercandidatesschool.com?